If you’re anything like me it’s unlikely you have any of yesterdays salted caramel left over. Like I said before, it’s a pure weakness of mine, and as soon as it was finished cooling I went straight for the apples!!
I mean common.. fresh juicy apples.. warm caramel.. who could go wrong – not this girl! Though, I held back and did manage to save some (somehow).
So what does one do with delicious left over salted caramel you might ask!? Well I’m a bit of a sweet tooth myself so the obvious answer to me was make candy with it! Here’s a simple salted caramel bark that really takes no time at all to whip up!
SALTED CARAMEL BARK
- pretzels of your choice
- chocolate (I prefer Merckens wafers) Available at BulkBarn or McCalls
- caramel Sauce
- salt to taste (I prefer sea salt)
- parchment or wax paper
- Crush the pretzels and set aside.
- Melt some chocolate (30 second intervals, stirring in-between)
- Lay a thin layer of chocolate on parchment or wax paper (let cool).
- Pour a thin layer of caramel sauce over the layer of cooled chocolate.
- Immediately add the crushed/broken pretzel pieced into caramel.
- Add an additional thin layer of chocolate on top. This can be sporadic and doesn’t need to cover the entire top of the bark. Be Creative 🙂
- Let it completely cool. You can put it in the fridge for 10/15 minutes to speed up the process if you’d like.
- Cut, Serve and Enjoy!
Love the sweeter things in life, I sure do!