Just because I’m 29 doesn’t mean I can’t love the ooey and gooey things in life! Call me crazy (no really, once I get going I’m sure a few of you out there may think I’m a little crazy) but there is a few things that this girl just can’t get enough of..even though I probably should. Salted caramel is one of those things.
Who can though honestly.. you can have it in pieces, as a sauce, in bark, in drinks, for dessert, for dinner, by yourself watching marathon re-runs of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix.. oh sorry, I may got a little carried away there. I digress…
I wanted to share with you a recipe that I use when I make a salted caramel sauce. It makes me happy just thinking about it. It makes a good batch that you can store in the fridge and scoop out and warm up in the microwave as you need it (which is what I would recommend as to not reheat it too many times).
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 Cup Regular granulated sugar
- ½ Cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided into 6 portions)
- salt to taste
Note: Use a large sauce pan, mid bake the sauce will bubble quite high! 🙂
- Use Medium Heat
- Add the sugar to the saucepan and constantly stir with silicone spatula. Note: The sugar will eventually begin to clump together as it starts to liquify, continue to stir until completely liquid.
- Immediately after add in your butter one piece at a time and mix throughly.
- At this time, add in the whipping cream slowly. Note: your mixture WILL BUBBLE a this time. Be careful. Mix throughly for about one minute after all whipping cream is added and remove from heat.
- Add in the salt at this time (my salt is in a twist bottle so i give it about 4-5 twists around the pan, and I use Sea Salt. Use your discretion at this point. Others say about 1 tsp).
- The sauce just came off the save so make sure to let to cool right down before using it in any dips or moving it to any other containers! Then store in in the fridge for up to 2 weeks 🙂
Recipe originally adapted from bakeatreat.ca
Check it out.. it should go a little something like this..